Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 OATMEAL RAISIN THANK YOU COOKIES


You may wonder what a plate of food has to do with "Life With Me"??? Well, as the saying goes, ... "It's not about me"! Every year on the anniversary of 9/11 I have done something to show my appreciation for our firefighters. This year it is a plate of homemade, oatmeal raisin cookies. The recipe is from www.bettycrocker.com/recipes. I have altered or substitued a few things for better health. The recipe calls for real sugar, and I use the same amount of Splenda; it also calls for butter or margerine, and I use SMart Balance Buttery Spread (again in the same amounts).

Tips: I ran out of time, when I started making the batter yesterday. So, I covered the bowl with foil wrap, hoping when I got it from the refridge this morning it would not be to dry. Unfortunately, it was but, I added 2 or 3 teaspoons of water and that made the batter perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment