Thursday, January 5, 2012

FUNKY FLORIDA GARDENING






AND not to mention - funky FLorida weather!!! 73 one day, 35 the next!!! What the heck!!!

I have tried so hard to start a garden here in Florida!!! If is isn't lack of water, it is poor, sandy soil!!! What to do??? Started from seed (3 times) no go!!! My front mail box garden, it is doing very well - of course it has mostly succulents in it! A variety of cactus, and one lonely Rosemary!! These all did very well, even with the frost last night!! I covered them up!!

I gave up on the seed tray idea! Went to putting potting soil in half of a pot, then special seed soil in the top half. This pot was planted with Cosmos from seed. You can see for yourself they are doing very well. Maybe a little frost bitten - hope they will revive with Floida warmth & sunshine!!! Will keep you updated on my garden's progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment